Hi, I'd upload some pictures to show you what I'm doing but I can't because I'm a new user. The photos that you sent me is pretty much what I've been doing.
My process has been:
1) Connect my laptop to the plug, like I'm connecting to an internet hotspot.
2) Open up <192.168.252.1> on my browser, showing the "Weaved IoT Kit Smart Plug" page, with the Device button, status, and Network tab. I hit the Device button a few times, and can hear the plug clicking and see the light blinking on and off.
3) I go into the Network tab, and scan for my home wifi. I click on the name, and type in the password, then click connect. A small wheel appears, spinning for a little bit, and then after about a minute it vanishes, the passphrase area is blank without my password, and my laptop is now connect to my home wifi. The plug shows no change in lights.
4) I check my home internet setup page (<192.168.1.1> for me) and don't see the plug on the list.
5) I check the Weaved login page, and don't see any recognition of the plug.
The plug comes up as AJ_OpenWRT. Sometimes it actually has a string of letters and numbers after it that look like a Mac address.
I guess I should note that my Wifi is horrendously slow, but I'm not really sure if it would affect the plug at all.